Fenster nach dem Scan über Fujitsu Scansnap

I have that that option turned on and am not offered to rename/tag the file before it automatically imports.

This option enables only the metadata panel, it doesn’t modify the group selector.

So there is no way to rename/tag a file that is scanned before it gets automatically imported into DT as there was in DTPO2?

This is my how I have my settings when I did the test above. I receive no prompt to rename/tag the file before it automatically imports into DTb3.

This setting enables only the metadata panel after scanning, it doesn’t have any impact on the group selector (if enabled in Preferences > Import). Therefore this isn’t possible currently.

I don’t understand what you mean by

What metadata panel are you referring to?

Currently this setting does nothing after a scan.

Is there a way in b3 to rename/tag a file after it gets scanned and before it gets automatically imported? I was able to do this in DTPO2.

This one:

[/quote]

When does/should this appear during the scan process?

After sending the scan to DEVONthink as soon as OCR is complete (if the option to convert incoming scans is enabled).

As you can see from my process above…this is not happing for me. That is the issue I’ve been trying to describe/resolve. I never get the panel/screen/popup to rename/tag the file.

I think you mean the same as me.

Currently it is like this, if you start the scan, then only the folder for filing the file appears. The rename after the scan then you have to do within the database.

Or, you activate the OCR after the scan, then you start the scan, then the folder appears to drop, then you wait until the OCR is done, and then you can assign the tag and file name. But that takes too long for me, because documents with several pages also take a few minutes until I can finally give the name.

It would be useful here that I could assign the folder and the file name and tag directly after the scan. It would then no matter how long the document needs for the OCR. Advantage is, you could already do with the next scan directly. Of course you can do the same with the other solution also another scan, but then you get confused at some point in all the pop-up windows for file names. I do not remember which file should get which name.

The only meaningful way is that the filename and the TAG can be assigned at the same time with the filing place, what then DT3 then do (OCR, RTF etc.) would be incidental and not annoying.

(Sorry my english is not the best, but i hope you understand)

Will this be fixed in the next beta or before the actual release?

We don’t issue hotfixes unless there is a critical issue, like crash on startup.

We are not seeing any issue here, so it’s likely it will work in the next beta release.

So you see the metadata panel to rename/tag a scanned document appear after it is scanned and before it gets imported into DTb3?

This isn’t happening for Clamsy and myself? Are we doing something incorrectly, possibly a new setting?

Yes, the metadata pane is appearing as expected.

Again…

it’s likely it will work in the next beta release.

You are running the internal beta Criss and I are running and there is no issue being seen in it.

This is still not working in Beta 4.

Which version of macOS and of ScanSnap Manager or ScanSnap Home do you use? A screenshot of Preferences > OCR and of your smart rules would be great too. Thanks!

15%20PM
35%20PM

49%20PM

Bei mir ist es ebenfalls nicht vorhanden.

hier meine Daten:

Das Scanfenster nach dem Scan mit ScanSnap ix500:

Hier kann ich immer noch nicht den Dateinamen sofort angeben. Ich kann nur das Ziel auswählen, und ablegen.

Danach muss ich in den Ordner + Unterordner gehen um den Dateinamen zu vergeben.

Die ist nicht das Metadatenfenster, sondern die Gruppenauswahl, die je nach Einstellungen > Import > Ziel verwendet wird. Die Metadateneingabe, die in Einstellungen > OCR aktiviert ist, sollte davon unabhängig erscheinen und so aussehen: