Files app can’t load contents from DTTG

The Files app integration is not working at all. It always shows “Content Unavailable” after a flash.

Do you have DEVONthink To Go’s Settings > Security enabled and set to lock Immediately?

I have all Security settings off.

Do you have ungrouped JPEG files in the location you’re trying to access?

No

I’m wondering if it’s because of the relatively “big” number of files in a single directory (169 items). Smaller database loads fine.

That could well be. The Files app is known for notoriously killing connections to file provider when they use just a little bit of memory too much. Which is not very much, actually.

I think I figured out the reason here. I tried adding various files into a new database to see when the Files app shows “Content Unavailable”. Here are some observations.

When adding an image file (tested with jpeg and png), the Files app shows “Content Unavailable”. But usually after tapping “Retry”, it goes back normal.

However, for some larger images (over 5mb), it shows the files for a brief moment but then keeps showing “Content Unavailable”, after tapping “Retry” repeatedly. I think it’s because the Files app is trying to generate a thumbnail for the image but couldn’t succeed for some reason. I managed tap on those images and open them with the brief moment I got. When I close the it, the image got a thumbnail and Files stopped showing “Content Unavailable”.

I hope this could help you to solve the problem. I know you are busy developing the new Mac version. But please give DTTG a little maintenance. Thanks in advance!