Forced unwanted ad

Just a guy on the Internet with the ability to understand how things actually work, instead of being determined to imagine that the world is plotting against you personally at every turn.

Regardless, I’m glad you were able to fix the issue and hope that it does not reoccur.

3 Likes

I also got a surprise when my MacBook apparently “forgot” the registration of DT. Not sure what triggered it. I’m on Big Sur, MBP 13" which is about three years old. It happened yesterday, but doesn’t seem to have happened on my iMac (so far). But my iMac has been running continually for a couple of days while my MBP had been shut down and booted up again.

We did some house cleaning a few days ago in the backend which might have caused some devices being detached from their license that shouldn’t have. Please accept my apologies for the inconveniences.

10 Likes

Thanks for that: reassuring that I did nothing stupid my end! :grin:

Stephen

3 Likes

Great to know. I had the same issue. I had to add my registration again to get it fixed.

I don’t know how widespread this issue is, but I’m seeing the same message.

(Well, mine says “22 days left.”)

I typed in my name and pasted in my registration code, and all is well.

See the post above…

Add me to the parade of people seeing this notification. I reactivated without problem. Running Big Sur on a 2019 MacBookPro 16"

Norm

Exactly the same here. I had to reenter my registration. Strange that it vanished suddenly.

See the post above…

1 Like

So did I. As I did nothing special the days before except restarting my computer, I was perplexed to see this reminder. I re-entered my licence code and all was good.

Happened on 2 of my 3 seats. No idea why one “escaped.” Have fun with all the tech support questions in about a month :slight_smile:

Welcome @BermudaAl

What’s happening in a month?

All those licenses out there will expire. Both mine said something in the range of 25-30 days. If I hadn’t read this forum and reset them, I would have had no idea why I was suddenly not registered…

Easy solution - thanks everyone for the suggestion to re-enter license info. It worked like a charm! :slightly_smiling_face:

Ah, c’mon @Blanc. @BigFish is working in (at least) a second language. Probably they didn’t intend to be “thoroughly unpleasant,” just surprised and a little upset and trying to get things ironed out.

No need to escalate things – particularly after they said that the matter had ended for them.

Be well everyone! These are trying times and I know I, at least, am weary and on edge a lot. Let’s be nice to each other, please.

Welcome @Michele13
Glad you’re up and running again. :slight_smile:

Welcome @mjnnyc

Thanks for your thoughts. We strive to keep a relaxed and light atmosphere in here. :slight_smile:

Also noticed this while running 3.5.2, FWIW. Happened directly after system restart.
Reentering reg info fixed issue.

My first thought was to be incredibly embarrassed for not having purchased a copy of DT3, as I was well aware of all the incredible work that went into the betas. And the tremendous post-launch efforts to make further adjustments moving form 3.0 to 3.5.

Fortunately, email records revealed the registration info! It took all of 2 minutes to fix. Just a glitch folks! If you’re curious as to what the excellent DT team does to improve the product, please consider reading the release notes. It gives a glimpse of the serious effort to make this an outstanding product for a range of users.

3 Likes

I’m grateful for your feedback @mjnnyc. You provide an alternative to my interpretation of the OPs words and I appreciate the sentiment of your post.

2 Likes