Fullscreen (no UI elements) while viewing PDFs

Can the top UI bar be made to toggle on and off by tapping the middle of the PDF, similar to the bottom thumbnail scrubber? This may seem like a small thing but it’s the reason I open in another app if I’m sitting down for a long read. And percent screen real estate-wise this is a bigger deal on the iPhone of course…

3 Likes

It is something we have considered but nothing we’ve decided to implement as of yet. Thanks!

If you are wanting to read only (no annotations, etc.) then the Quick Look function works fairly well. To get there, use the share extension, Open In…, then select Quick Look from the lower row of options.

I would like to second that request!
The pdf reading screen of DTTG is excellent, as are its annotation features. If I could switch off the top bare and go fullscreen, I would switch to DTTG as my pdf reading app - which would be great given its new capability to act as document storage.
So please consider implementing this.

1 Like

It’s already on our feature requests list.

Does that mean that it’s on the roadmap or just that you are aware that users want it?
I really really want this…

Also add my vote. :smiley:

Add my vote, too.

Both, but there’s also prioritization at work here 8)

Just to add to this:

Yes, if reading PDFs in DTTG would be more comfortable (fullscreen landscape and portrait more, landscape optionally also over full page-width and not just a small, tall page) would reduce my need to open PDFs in other Apps.

:slight_smile:

Thank you very much

this feature is necessary

Would love this in DTTG as well, I use my iPhone to do most of my PDF reading so every little screen space helps! Thanks.

+1

+1 please add a hide toolbar button and tap to show toolbar option.

Any news on this? Fullscreen and Autocrop would be a dream come true!

Welcome @stighagen

There is no change to the fullscreen view in DEVONthink To Go.

What autocrop are you referring to?

Pdf viewers like PDF Expert has an auto crop feature where it automatically “removes” white margins in pdf files to enlarge the text and utilize the screen size better. This is good for e.g. A4 documents on an ipad screen.

Please, optimize the pdf viewer for a better reading experience on ipad. It would have been nice to stay within the Devonthink environment :slight_smile:

…and not to be a broken record, but please, please allow us to turn off the thumbnail bar at the bottom of the pdf viewer. You have the best viewer experience, I think, but if I keep accidentally flipping from page 255 to 3,245 every time I switch applications… it is impossible to use!

1 Like

+1. Looking forward to the day when it’s possible to hide the toolbar at the top of the screen in the DTTG PDF viewer.

1 Like

Over 3 years ago this was said to be on the roadmap.

To join the chorus of voices, this seems like an essential feature in order to allow the user to read PDFs in DTTG rather than having to use an external app (to view without the bar at the top). Please implement!

4 Likes