How do i set up DT to sync with dropbox

hi,

i am on DT3 and cannot figure out how i can use it to sync with dropbox.
i add the dropbox location but it somehow picks the wrong dropbox account. how do i fix this?

thanks

thanks, that worked but DT crashed a few times before i could allow the new account to sync

Did you open a support ticket on the crashes?

i think so, i had the opportunity of sending the crash report which i think/hope went through

@BLUEFROG do you have a similar link for icloud? i cannot figure out how to reset my icloud location (it is already gone from the apps and i just want to wipe devonthink from my icloud account)

Cleaning the sync store before removing it should be sufficient.

The location has been removed already. What do I do now?

Add the location again (using ideally the same password), clean it and then remove it. No need to up/download any databases of course.

ok done that on my imac and added a icloud location afterwards with a completely new password “test1234” for encryption.
My macbook complains that the icloud has ‘invalid encryption key’.

This doesn’t matter, you can clean the location anyway.

these were the steps:
Machine A: add location
Machine A: clean location
Machine A: remove location
Machine A: add location with new PW
Machien B: add location with new PW => complains about invalid encryption key

Clean the location on machine B too, probably iCloud didn’t yet synchronize the cleaning from machine A yet. Afterwards create the new location.

cleaned it on both and waited an hour. same error.
restarted DT on machine B and immediately got invalid encryption key

@bluefrog is more familiar with iCloud trouble shooting.

After cleaning the location on both machines, just to be thorough, disable the sync location.

On the Mac, go into System Preferences > Apple ID > iCloud and click the Manage button. Select DEVONthink To Go then click the Delete all files button.
This preference doesn’t give a realtime view of the deletion process, so close and return to the Manage section occasionally to check the process. Once iCloud has removed the data from Apple’s server, the DEVONthink To Go entry will disappear.

thanks, the encryption error is gone, icloud doesn’t seem to have uploaded in 20 minutes though, will wait some more

hilariously, icloud uploaded it and i can see it on machine B. now machine A has an error regarding encryption key … :confused: now what do i do?

1. Do a Spotlight search for Keychain and open the Keychain Access application.
  2. In the logins section on the left, look for a key named DEVONcloudy Encryption (name of service) like DEVONcloudy Encryption (Dropbox).
  3. Double-click it and check the Show password checkbox. You will be required to enter your Administrative password. (This is the password you use to log into your machine with.)
  4. Press Allow (or Always Allow, if desired) and the password will be shown.
  5. Take note of the encryption key, then quit Keychain Access.

Is it the expected encryption key?

That is the correct PW and that is also the one i entered on the iphone and macbook.
Oddly enough, the errors are gone now after a restart of DT on my imac and it seems to have synced