How to show all documents associated with multiple tags in list view

My documents get some tags that are inherited through parent group tags and some that are given directly. I often want to see the complete collection of documents that has a group of multiple tags using the tag selector that shows up in the bottom left corner. However, I find I cannot get a list of the full group of documents, I can only get a list of the documents that have been directly tagged with each of the multiple tags in my filter.

For example, the tag c.MIRRA has been given to several groups with documents and several documents, both of which come up when I select the tag c.MIRRA in the tag view:

However, when I select a second tag, l.travelLetters, which has only been given to documents that have the c.MIRRA tag inherited from their parent group, I get this:

Yes, it is true that if I click through all of the groups shown under the tag c.MIRRA in the left column, the only files I will see in list view will be those that have the tag l.travelLetters. However, this is incredibly cumbersome and not useful to me. What I wanted was a single list of the files in the database with the two tags c.MIRRA and l.travelLetters, not a list of groups that I can click through one by one to search for my files. The subgroups have not even been down-selected to include only subgroups with files that have the tag, so I have to click through every subgroup I have, many of which now show no files under this filter, just to find my files. I am not sure how this is useful. However, perhaps it is in some other case. For my purpose, is there a way to select two tags in the tag view and see ALL of the documents that have those two tags in the list view, regardless of how they acquired the tags?

Thanks

This script may be able to do some of what you need. Just suggesting a possible work around.

Is the option to Show Only Documents (see View menu) enabled? By default it’s disabled and the upper right pane should show both matching documents and groups containing matching documents. Another possibility is to use Columns view.