Updated on 2019.09.05
For those who use tag groups and group tags will be familiar with this diagram:
What if we can create this, and the content of “this” can be refreshed anytime:
(1) My tags tree (about 300 tags in 12 main groups + sub-groups)
(2) First, the script asks for the main tag group.
(3) Second, the script asks for category tag groups. Any main-group or sub-group can be chosen, even for the sub-groups under the main tag group in (1).
(4) A pivot table of tags and items is generated as a pTags sheet. The “show group tags” is disabled in this demo.
If “show group tags” option is enabled:
(5) If we need to refresh the sheet, just choose the pTags sheet, and click on the same script button. The script will detect that there is an existing sheet, and ask for the option.
I will definitely use this script myself for organising my home-related matters and literature. The retro feel of item-category-view focused Lotus Agenda is almost there An app ahead of its time: Lotus Agenda.
The updated V1.2 is posted in the 3rd post: pTags V1.2 (Updated Version) , the pivot table of tags with refresh function
PS. It is possible that some scripts may have done it before, but I haven’t checked the forum. If anyone is aware of such scripts, please let me know - maybe I am just re-inventing the wheel!