iCloud sync issues widespread

Lest anyone think their iCloud sync issues are DevonThink specific…

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing this link! It’s good to know that we’re not the only ones experiencing this but it would be of course way better if Apple would finally fix this. But due to iCloud’s track record so far you’d better not hold your breath!

3 Likes

Awesome! Thanks for the link. It should be very helpful in showing people we’re not just trying to “pass the buck” instead of “fixing sync”. :heart: :slight_smile:

5 Likes

A good round up of other developers’ responses and experiences. It would seem to have been a problem for a while now

https://mjtsai.com/blog/2022/01/24/increased-icloud-errors/

4 Likes

EVERYTHING IS GOING TO BE ALL RIGHT They fixed it!
Apple fixes server problem that caused iCloud sync issues for developers
<sarcasm>I am sure we can all go back to worrying about COVID and other less important issues.</sarcasm>

3 Likes

Hahaha!

Thanks for the laugh and yeah, I’ll believe it when my support tickets on it dwindle :confused: :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi there @BLUEFROG ! Any update on this? I’ve had a working Dropbox sync in place for months and if ain’t broke… but since DTPO runs only on Apple devices, I just thought that it did not make sense to expose my data any longer to a third party like Dropbox, if I can’t remain within the Apple boundaries.

Thanks!

Are you having issues?

Have you seen all the recent chat here about Apple’s sync services?

Well, I don’t dare to say that I’ve read them all but I have certainly read several. I’m asking this because a few post above somebody shared a link suggesting that the issues had been solved, yet whom I asked for an update (And who I believe is a DEVONthink employee), had ongoing support cases.

We are doing anything we can to try and mitigate anything we can but the issues with Apple’s CloudKit are Apple’s to resolve.

I just thought that it did not make sense to expose my data any longer to a third party like Dropbox, if I can’t remain within the Apple boundaries.

There is nothing wrong with using a Dropbox sync, if indeed a remote sync option is needed.
If you don’t actually need one, then use a local sync on your network.

1 Like