Import folders and attachments from (Apple) Notes - 0 added

That announcement is from November of last year, not related to an upcoming maintenance release.
We have not been able to reproduce this issue in-house so it is still under investigation.
Thanks for your patience and understanding.

both activated, no subfolders!

Please hold the Option key and choose Help > Report bug to start a support ticket so I can see if your Console.log is reporting the same error. Thanks!

for anyone else import of apple notes to DTP works smoothly?

Yes, many people, including those of us in-house testing.

@vinschger has found the problem and we have confirmed this.

If you have Enable the On My Mac account enabled in Apple Noteā€™s preferences, the import will not work. Disabling it will allow the import to happen correctly.

Thanks heaps @vinschger and @BLUEFROGā€¦ I can confirm import is now working for me when disabling On My Mac notes! :slightly_smiling_face:

Is it on the to do list to get this working with On My Mac notes too? It doesnā€™t actually impact me at allā€¦ Iā€™ve currently got zero On My Mac notes anyway and Iā€™m really only interested in backing up those in iCloud. I only use Apple Note occassionally when sharing notes with others. Just wondering if itā€™s an easy future fix or not.

Again, thank you!

This is likely not within our capabilities as we have to rely on the provided AppleScript functionality of Apple Notesā€¦ and that functionality is not all the great to be honest.

I am having this problem but I donā€™t see an entry for DT 3 Pro under automation in System Preferences > Security.
Iā€™ll open a ticket.

Do you use Mojave/Catalina? Then there should be an entry in System Preferences > Security > Automation.

Strangely, at first it didnā€™t appear, though I went through the process to reach there several times. Now it does:

Perhaps as I was using DT3 in beta for long? Unknown.

In any case it still does nothing when I select to import from Notes.
Is there more information I can collect that may help you to diagnose?

Which version of macOS and DEVONthink do you use? Did you enable full disk access for DEVONthink 3 too?

I am having this problem as well. Could it be because I upgraded from DT3 to DT3 Pro?

This doesnā€™t make a difference. Which macOS version do you use?

Iā€™m using Catalina, Version 10.15.4.

Thereā€™s another question. Iā€™m not sure what people mean by subfolders in Notes. I have notes under my iCloud account, and notes under 2 other email accounts, but no subfolders under those accounts. Iā€™m not even sure itā€™s possible to do that.

I welcome anyoneā€™s input, here, because Iā€™d really like to consolidate all my notes to DT3.

Did you check System Preferences > Security > Automation > DEVONthink 3.app, is there an entry for Notes? In addition, please check also that DEVONthink 3 has full disk access.

I did check that. For me, what shows is ā€œDEVONthink 3ā€, as these screenshots show, but when I open the app, the ā€œAboutā€ screen confirms that itā€™s DT3 Pro.

Screen Shot 2020-05-04 at 10.32.25
Screen Shot 2020-05-04 at 10.33.29

This is correct, the name in the Finder, Dock or system preferences etc. is always the same. Anyway, please choose Help > Report Bug while pressing the Alt modifier key and send the result to cgrunenberg - at - devon-technologies.com - thanks!

Done.

Hope thatā€™s of some help.

Love your products, guys. Thanks for making them available and for continuing to improve and support them.

Thanks for the encouraging feedback :slight_smile: