Import Outlook 2016 into Devon Think Pro

Can you show me where to activate ?

This link should help. By default, the initial installation of DEVONthink should have activated the menu.

https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/documentation/LanguagesUtilities/Conceptual/MacAutomationScriptingGuide/UsetheSystem-WideScriptMenu.html

Thanks for your help and link. I have checked but the Script Editor was already activated.
I still don’t see it in the Menu

Do you use a menu utility like Bartender that may have hidden the script menu?

Just to be clear, this is a different, global script menu that appears on the right side of the menu (what Jim posted above). The commands do not appear in the DEVONthink script menu that you posted a screen cap of.

This is what I see

EE30FB98-D636-4986-B939-CE0A8CD3D40C_4_5005_c

Did you install the scripts via DEVONthink 3 > Install Add-Ons…? In addition, Outlook has to be the active application.

Now finally I see it : if I have Outlook as the active application, the script appears

1141F7C2-73B5-4785-99F3-FA38E0B02ED4_4_5005_c

After running the script they still appear in the inbox. My idea was to get them straight into the archive (see my initial question).

So the question remains : what is the best way to build and to keep an Outlook e-mail archive updated in DTPO ? What is the best rule to follow ?

Using Archive Mailbox again will update the existing archive and skip already imported messages.

Thanks, but why I still see the messages appear in the Inbox after using " Archive Mailbox " ?

Do I need to move them manually ?

Which destination is selected (see popup in the right sidebar of the email interface)? Email archiving remembers the last used destination.

Ah… I see it, yes Inbox. I have changed it now to the correct destination.

Wow, what an options are there possible !

Thanks everyone for your help !

:slight_smile: :+1:

Sorry to ask one more thing regarding this :

What is the difference between Mailbox and Messages ?

Is Messages if you already have imported the first time the complete data from Outlook and want to update is with the latest e-mail since last import ?

I would use the Messages option with selected messages as adding the Mailbox via the script will generate duplicates.

And with Messages the script will put the e-mail in the correct folders ?

Will Mailbox duplicates show up ?

And with Messages the script will put the e-mail in the correct folders ?

Only if you use the group selector.

Will Mailbox duplicates show up ?

Yes. They will show a split rectangle icon to the right of the name or appear in blue if Preferences > General > Appearance > Mark duplicates and replicants in color is enabled.

How do I use the group selector ?

Enable Preferences > Import > Destination > Select group and you’ll see the group selector.

Will it import all the folders like Inbox, Send, Trash etc ? Or only the selected messages in Outlook and using the script ?

“Add message(s) to DEVONthink” imports the selected messages, “Add mailbox(es) to DEVONthink” the selected mailboxes.