Inbox Folder via Finder in DT3

This worked. Thanks!

You’re very welcome. Cheers!

Glad I could find my question answered here:)

I have the same problem. There are two solution which both do not work for me.

(1) I cannot install the modules, they are installed, greyed out in the dialogue window.

The OCR works, but I do not see the Mail PlugIN which I do not care about at the moments.

(2) I tried to drag the INBOX for Devonthink 3 into the sidebar, it looks as if I can place it there, but when I release the mouse button, the INBOX does not appear in the side bar.

I am working on Mojave, actual version.

The INBOX in the sidebar is very much needed!

The plugin has to be enabled in Apple Mail > Preferences > General > Manage Plugins…

The inbox folder (not database) can be added to the Finder’s sidebar, just drag & drop ~/Library/Application Support/DEVONthink 3/Inbox to it.

This clearly shows it is installed.

A screen capture of the Finder’s sidebar would be helpful.

Thanks, this was helpful, the inbox is there :sweat_smile:

I expected the Inbox to have this special “DEVONthink inbox” look, and never found it. Now that I took the screenshot, I saw this absolutely “NORMAL” inbox, and after opening it, it had the “DEVONthink inbox” look in the window top bar and – it is it!

Sorry for the inconvenience,
Maria

Thank you for your comments, all was done, and now it works, thanks to BLUEFROG.

No worries! :slight_smile:

Now it’s my turn. I upgraded my systems to DT3 last night and the finder INBOX is not working. I did the Install Add-Ons as described here. Is there something else that I need to do?

Do you have DEVONthink 2 installed?

Yes… Should I delete that?

Yes, definitely. At a minimum, delete the DEVONthink 2 application from the Applications folder. And rebooting the machine wouldn’t be a bad idea.

I deleted DT2 from the App folder and rebooted but no change in behavior

Control-click and remove it from the Finder’s sidebar then install it again from DEVONthink 3 > Install Add-Ons… and do not rename the sidebar alias (in case you did or wanted to).

I removed it from the sidebar. The Install Add Ons is grayed out for that option.

Post a screen capture of the Finder’s sidebar.

Never mind. Inbox reappeared in the Sidebar and it is working now… :lying_face:

(It appeared at the bottom and I wasn’t looking there)

Much thanks…

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

Sorry to rehash an old thread, just wanted to note that I came here via google because I also didn’t realize that “Inbox” in my favorites referred to my Devonthink Inbox.

I’m not sure if it’s worth changing, just thought devs would like to note the stumbling block.