Inconsequential sync log message?

Hi, I frequently get this log message in DTTG

If I understand correctly, it just means that during sync (attempt?) the internet connection was gone. But now what? It just synced again later? Can I do anything? Do I need to know about this? I mean, this is a mobile device. I’m sure there are many times a day, where the Internet connection is weak or gone.

Since I cannot and apparently need not do anything about this, I think the message is pointless und should be removed. Currently, I keep getting it and removing it frequently.

Yes, no and maybe. Please tap the ? button on iOS, choose Contact Us and send the email to cgrunenberg@devon-technologies.com. Thank you!

OK, done.

This here is basically still the same. I keep deleting those messages regularly.

Recently I have been trying out Bonjour Sync which has its own inconsequential messages such as “server busy”. I’m not saying that these would not be useful for debug or even as an information, but if the server is busy for 1 minute and then a successful sync happened, or if Internet Connection was interrupted and then restored, these messages could be cleared automatically. At the moment the whole sync of DT leaves the impression that it constantly has problems, although it is working very well. I think of that as a bad user interface.

Well, it tells you about intermittent problems. Which might help if they’re recurring, telling you for example that your IP provider is not reliable or that b your WLAN is shaky… Clearing these messages automatically will let you think that everything is always fine. Not a good idea in my opinion.

1 Like

I understand your point but I think these messages are not symptoms of anything I can do something about. My WLAN is not shaky and it’s not the provider’s fault. And if that ever was the case, I would not notice because daily such messages have trained me to ignore them.

If you allow me to be snippy for a moment. Suggesting that users just ignore warnings and error messages most of the time is quite Windows™.

And how are you assessing this?
Are you on a hardwired Ethernet connection?

This discussion is derailed. The thread was about the usefulness of inconsequential messages.

Regarding WiFi Shakyness: If the same shakyness appears only with DT and in more than one WiFi and no other Shakyness occurs then the most likely explanation is something with DT. But again, I don’t want to talk about WiFi stability. It’s unrelated.