Invalid Encryption Key on Webdav

Actually, you can - it’s just a massive PITA, and not worth trying without a hardware upgrade for me. Hence why I moved on! LOL!

The problem I have now are the constant time outs. Looking at the log its literally every 5 minutes.

Have you solved the encryption key problem? I have the same issue when trying to set up a new webdav sync station. And I have chosen not to encrypt because no one else would ever be interested in my data. I connect easily via Finder>Go>Connect to server. I did not see anyone address this issue in previous posts.
I am having a good experience with CloudMe, but they are not generous with free space

My attention span isn’t long enough tonight to read every post, but I wonder if the connection string to WEBDAV on your NAS isn’t part of the problem? I seem to remember when I set mine up that it was a bit of guess and try to make it work.

Here’s mine, with my direct address removed…
https://xxxxxxx.synology.me:5006/Matt/sync

:5006 is obviously the secure WEBDAV port on my NAS . /Matt/sync is the path to the folder I use for syncing my databases. DT’s syncstore is another folder inside /Matt/sync

I’m not sure if you’re using a DDNS to connect to your NAS, or something else, but perhaps that is part of the problem with your encryption key not working? Honestly, I don’t think I even bothered with an encryption key because I connect through a secure port and I use encryption on my NAS, so additional encryption seems redundant.

All good lads. I have solved this with the work around above. I still get lots of time out errors during the day (Even though the connections on both ends are fast and stable) but it’s working.

UPDATE - The timeout issues now are so bad to the point of unusable! I told you, the software just does not like me.

I have confirmed that I can use a browser to get to the WebDav server. Tested transfer rates, and quite fast. DT connects, but will not sync! :frowning: About to give up!

There error is

1:00:32 pm: The request timed out. Timeout. (NSURLErrorDomain -1001)

Yet, I can hit it in Chrome, AND it’s fast. :frowning:

I have double checked the settings (it was working) and nothing has changed.

The timeouts are not indicative of anything more than a reachability issue or lack of server response.
Are you actually seeing a real issue regarding the synced data?

The connection is actually fine! I can browse to the server (webdav) using Chome or safari without issue. I have tested transferring files back and forth, and it performs really well.

There is now no data syncing at all! It just times out! Other machines are syncing fine using the same connection method.

I even did some debugging to see if it was actually hitting the server. I changed the password in the DT info box and got this… ( I have removed the IP Address)

1:07:30 pm: XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:65512/FPVAUS-DEVON.dtCloud Authentication failed.

So I know it is hitting the server! But then it just times out!

I can’t begin to tell you how frustrating this is. It’s just ridiculous. All I know is my machine is timing out. I can’t tell you anything else, as there are no errors in the server logs, and nothing else I can check.

This machine managed to import the entire DB and now it simply does not want to do a thing. So again, I am isolated from the office.

tried logging into a VPN (Thinking maybe thats an issue) but same result. Change the password and I get Auth errors. So same same.

Very frustrating, and I am now at a dead end. Might be the final straw I think. I have spent hours trying to get this to work, and I just can’t afford to spend hours more.

Other machines are syncing fine using the same connection method.

What other machines?
Ones on the same network as the WebDAV server or are they remote as well?

Same network.

I have tried VPN (which essentially is the same network) and via firewall rule - same result

What about your company blocking ports/streams based on program names ip mac address?

I know it works from Chrome, but it is very different to browse across the folder system than start a heavy “pipe” sending and receiving data.

My installation is exactly the same without any issue: Synology NAS at home, DDNS activated with secure connection (certificate auto-renewed from my NAS and Let’s Encrypt). 400 GB of sync database.

2 Likes

No. I own the company! There is nothing blocking. It was working perfectly - downloaded the entire 13gb DB, and then stopped for now reason. Almost the same as Drop Box, only stopped for a different reason. And nothing to debug other than a time out.

I have left it open and on 24/7. Last sync was 2 days ago.

The time out appears to every 5 minutes, which I gather is how often it tries.

What I don’t understand is why, just one machine??

So my question now is (and I can’t believe I am still trying) What if I delete and reinstall DT on this machine? Will I have to resync the entire DB again? Because that will be about the 5th time in as many weeks, and it’s painful.

One last thing…

I have noted I get this error once in launch, but have no idea what that is…

7:45:40 am: /Data Failed

The time out appears to every 5 minutes, which I gather is how often it tries.

That would essentially be correct.

What I don’t understand is why, just one machine??

While perplexing on the face of it, unfortunately the behavior of one machine isn’t indicative of the behavior of other machines.

I have noted I get this error once in launch,

Please clarify this. Do you mean every time you launch DEVONthink and a sync initiates, you see this message in Window > Log?

Every time I launch DT, that error appears, but only once.

Oh - Even if I disable (untick) the DBs to sync.

And what does /Data mean to you? A volume? A database?… ?

Nothing! I only have one DB!