Keep the original resolution of OCRed files

These’s surely an option to set the dpi of OCRed files as a constant numerical value (“between 150 and 300 dpi allowed”).
But I want to keep their respective original resolutions, only with a neu layer of searchable texts after OCR.
It would be nice that the dpi value can be set in form “…% of the original one”.

1 Like

No there is no such option available. This also safeguards against using excessive resolution, e.g., 600dpi or more.

Bumping this…

We used to have this option in the past, as I recall? I often deal with PDFs I get from other places and I would prefer that no damage is done to the image. I would really prefer that we have an option to retain the original image resolution, whatever it was. A forced resample really worries me.

1 Like

Yes, there was this option and I miss it dearly.

Umm…

:smiley:

Oooh, is that in a Beta?

Mine does not have that :expressionless:

Version 3.8.6

I think it’s only available on M1/M2 Macs, but not on Intel Macs.

That is correct, it is currently only available for Apple Silicon Macs.

Is there a plan to support the Intel Mac in the future? (PDF Resolution: As source dpi):face_with_monocle:

Yes, we are waiting for ABBYY to fix some issues with the Intel version and hopefully after the next update from ABBYY both Intel and M1 Mac should have the same level of functionality.

I am really looking forward to the updates. :wink:

I installed Devonthink on my new M2 MBP, why do I still not see the option “As Source”?

PS: I moved the whole folder ~/Library/Application Support/DEVONthink 3 to the new computer.

Are you running DEVONthink 3.9, released today?

Yes. I have now updated DEVONthink to Version 3.9, but nothing has changed.

Check DEVONthink 3 > Install Add-Ons to see if there’s an update to the OCR engine available.

I skipped this step. Now, problem solved!

Thank you for your help!

My pleasure :slight_smile:

Hi, is this feature now available for Intel iMac? I’m on Version 3.9, I do not see this specific option and there is nothing new to install for Abby.
l’m on Venture 13.2.

Thank you

We are waiting for ABBYY to release a new update before we will be able to provide the same feature on Intel Macs.