I am looking for a way to take notes with Devonthink as the backend. So far, I am struggling specifically with the cumbersome way of handling media and reference links.
What I would like to do is drag and drop an image from Firefox to my editor and have that embedded. Problem is, DT doesn’t seem to be able to this at all. And I am not sure how to do it, to be honest.
- Create markdown note in DT
- Write in markdown note
- Search for image in Firefox
- Save image in Firefox to disk (presumably Inbox)
- Wait until DT has imported the image
- Copy image to the same group as the note
- Then… what? what url can i use? if i use the image link, the markdown image cannot be viewed in any other app. If i use a relative path, that doesn’t work either because of the way DT stores the data in the backend.
So, not only is importing cumbersome, also the referencing doesn’t seem to play nicely with other apps.
Hence I thought of using another editor alltogether, completely taking DT out of the workflow. Use something like Ulysses and iCloud. Problem is that i haven’t found a good editor that i can use on both ios and osx that is quick to use and where I can index the external folder on my disk with DT.
Anyone has a suggestion? Please?