Mac OS Big Sur and Mail plugin

Hi, I‘m one of the crazy people who already use the Big Sur beta version. No problems with DevonThink 3.
But the mail plugin is not working any longer. Is there any beta version of this plugin I can use (and test)?

Did you install & enable it?

Yes, I did.

It says the DEVONthink.mailbundle is from a developer not certified.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-08-31 um 12.00.19

The latest public beta probably revised the handling of Mail plugins, meaning that this will require an update.

And will there be an update by Devontechnologies soon?

The next maintenance release will include one but as usual it’s not recommended to use betas in production environments.

And when is it going to happen :wink:

In the 4.5 years you’ve been on the forums, have we ever pre-announced releases? :wink: :slight_smile:

That’s true.

Now that Big Sur has been released will this issue be addressed soon? :grinning:

I can’t comment on “soon” but it is coming in a future release. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Soon would be great.

Yes 'd like to see it soon too.

Any updates on this? DT 3.6.1 added a DEVONthink_BigSur.mailbundel, however Mail now rejects it as not being compatible.

MacOS version 11.0.1 (20B50)
Mail Version 14.0 (3654.20.0.2.21)
DT 3.6.1

1. Quit Mail.
  2. Quit DEVONthink 3.
  3. Enable Full disk access and all Automation requests for DEVONthink 3 in System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy.
  4. In the Finder, hold the Option key and choose Go > Library.
  5. Go into the Mail/Bundles folder and delete the DEVONthink.mailbundle.
  6. Relaunch DEVONthink 3 and install the Mail plugin from DEVONthink 3 > Install Add-Ons.
  7. Relaunch Mail and enable the plugin via Apple Mail’s Preferences > General > Manage Plug-ins.
2 Likes

@BLUEFROG thanks for the reply, the Privacy allowances were all already set as I had been using it from before upgrading to Big Sur. I went ahead and removed the bundle, removed Full Disk Access and then added it back to see if that would clear it up. The same problem occurs with Mail disabling it on startup.

This sounds like a Mail.app issue.
Do you happen to have your home account on an external drive?

@BLUEFROG, yes it is stored on the internal drive, the only data on external drives are my photo libraries for my various apps. I was able to just install another set of plugins to test that plugins in general will work, they also required approving full disk access and access to Mail at install.

I tried to make sure that the authorization for Full Disk Access was actually in place. I deleted DT, rebooted, then re-installed DT. It was no longer listed for having access, manually added it for Full Disk Access and went through the rest of the steps. Same problem, immediately upon opening Mail after enabling the plugin Mail gives an error that the plugin is not compatible with Mail 14.0 and will be disabled.