Mac OS Big Sur and Mail plugin

It appears the plugin works fine on my fresh install of Big Sur on the Mac mini, not sure why the upgraded version rejects the Mail Bundle as being unsupported.

Hard to say. There is always the possibility of misbehavior when upgrading an OS versus a fresh install.

I did all the above and am getting this error saying it can’t identify the developer.

That is not the correct mail plug-in. You need to be running version 3.6.1.

Thanks - I actually had to upgrade my Devon Think which upgraded the plugin… I know that’s what you’re saying, but I had installed the latest “plugin”, but I also needed to update DevonThink…

Seems to be working now. Thanks.

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

In case someone has issues with the mail plugin which are not resolved by removing the mail plugin as described by @BLUEFROG in this topic. On one of my systems there was also an older copy of the mail plugin in another location on my drive. My guess is that this location could not be overwritten somehow and I had to delete the mail plugin manually from this location:

/Users//Library/Application Support/Mail/Plug-ins/Bundles/Users//Library/Mail/Bundles

I’m do not know why it is also copied in that library and why this was causing problems in my case…

1 Like

I try configure email support on my new M1. The plugin is installed, but the plugin administration in(mail - preferences - general) is not available. Any ideas? Thanks.

Does deinstalling the plugin, enabling full disk support for DEVONthink 3 and then installing it again fix this?

1 Like

Yes, indeed that helped. Thanks a lot!

DEVONthink_BigSur.mailbundle not working under macOS 11.3.1 / Mail.app 14.0

1. I did uninstall / deinstalled DEVONthink_BigSur.mailbundle
  2. reinstalled DEVONthink_BigSur.mailbundle through Devonthink’s 3.7.1 “Install Add-Ons…”

… TO NO AVAIL :warning:

What can be done about this?

Did you enable full disk access for DEVONthink 3? The plug-in works fine over here on both 11.3.1 and the betas of 11.4

of course! But it does not work.

what else can I try?

I find a folder with the name “DEVONthink_BigSur.mailbundle” at the same place …

How to get rid of this?

A folder?
Can you post a screen capture?

I uninstalled the plugin and after that I remove it from /Users//Library/Application Support/Mail/Plug-ins/Bundles/Users//Library/Mail/Bundles. You might get asked for your admin password.
In my case the issue was because an older (pre Big Sur supported) plugin was giving issues in this folder. You seem to have the Big Sur plugin installed, so I’m not sure if this will fix our problem

The latest versions of Mail seem to copy the bundle to this folder, we’ll improve the installation.

thanks @cgrunenberg

so for the time being: how is one supposed to proceed in order to get things going?

Removing this copy plus the installed plug-in in ~/Library/Mail/Bundles and then reinstalling it should be sufficient.

1 Like

This was indeed the solution in my case. :slight_smile: