Mixing Devonthink 3 Personal and Pro

Dear all,

I have upgraded to Devonthink 3 and I am using 2 desktops (development / office) and 2 notebooks (personal and professional) together with one iPad Pro. This zoo is because of some historical reasons.
Because of new license model, I need 2 additional seats for my pro license but this is too expensive for me actually. Because I need the Pro functionality only at my 2 desktops machines, I would like to buy two personal license for my notebooks. On my notebooks, sync of the files and all KI functions are the important features.

Would this work ?

Thanks for your feedback.
Kind Regards
Ralph

Note: To make sure we’re all talking the same language (and to avoid confusion for other readers), there are three editions for DEVONthink 3: Standard, Pro, and Server

If you buy a license of DEVONthink 3 - regardless of the edition - it comes with two seats, i.e., two per-machine licenses.

So you can buy DEVONthink 3 Standard and simply install it on the two laptops, as you have two seats with the purchase.

And there should be no compatibility issues with syncing the data between all four machines.

Great! Thanks for clarification. So, I will buy two additional personal licenses.

You mean Standard licenses? :wink:

PS: If you actually mean buying two licenses, this would give you four seats of DEVONthink 3 Standard. Make sure you are clear on what you are buying.

And, you’re welcome :slight_smile:

I have bought 1 Standard license for 2 seats :slight_smile:

Thanks for your support!

Excellent!
(We are not against making money obviously, but we also don’t believe in having people buy what they don’t need!
See: https://www.devontechnologies.com/about/principles)

You’re very welcome :slight_smile: