Multiple news notifications

This behavior was temporary fixed (or stopped) but it has returned again. I’m getting multiple, simultaneous notifications for Extras. Screenshot attached. DT 3.8.3

Screen Shot 2022-05-15 at 2.50.03 PM

I’m not seeing this behavior in the internal build here.

My app is up-to-date (3.8.5) but I continue to get multiple Extra notifications. Is there something I can do to help you debug this? As I posted last time, it did seem to be fixed a while back, but is now still happening.

What OS are you running?

macOS Monterey 12.4

The current version of macOS Monterey is 12.5.1. Please update your OS and see if the issue persists.
Also, we strongly suggest to stay current with the operating system and our point releases.

I have upgraded to 12.5.1, and multiple duplicate notifications still occur. See screenshot.

Screen Shot 2022-09-07 at 4.39.55 PM

Oddly, this time I received 4 duplicate notifications, instead of three. And this time I had 4 open databases at launch. Perhaps there’s a clue in that.

Stay tuned for the next release and see if it recurs.

I’ve lot track of “the next release” that might fix this. I’m currently on the latest (no updates available) of both DT and macOS Monterey. And it’s still happening. Is the release you referred to still pending?

No, version 3.8.6 should handle this (and does over here). But minor changes on the server side (e.g. fixed typos etc.) might also cause this.

If it’s any clue to this problem – which continues to exist – clicking the notification’s action button does nothing at all (other than dismissing the notification).

Is there a way to turn these off, other than blocking DT3 notifications in their entirety? What was a laughable situation is becoming an annoyance.

That’s the only possibility currently.

Could it be that the issue happened exactly at the time of the daylight saving switch?

We haven’t switched yet here, and it has happened twice in the last week.

How fast/reliable is your Internet connection? The only remaining idea is actually that it’s caused by network issues.

My network connection is very stable – 1 gigabyte fiber optic.

Aside from having a bunch of open databases (7), the only unusual thing I can think of is that I probably only launch DT3 once every 2-3 weeks.

Is there anything I can do to help diagnose this? I’m willing. By the way, I have DT installed on two computers, and it’s happening on both of them. Here’s the latest example. (Everything is up-to-date on both systems.)

It was fixed once (see earlier in this thread), but then came back.

These messages are not identical, therefore this doesn’t seem to be the original issue.

Multiple duplicate notifications continue to appear with DTP 3.9.1 and Ventura 13.4 (22F66) – (which I only recently upgraded to.) But I have noticed a new twist, clicking on any of the notifications launches DTP but does not open the associated (or any other) Extra.