Navigate to Occurrences

Let’s say I’m in a file called File 1. In the Mentions tab I see File 1 mentioned in a few different documents, in File 2, File 3, and File 4

Under the Occurrences pane, is there a way to click and navigate to that particular document at the location where the Occurrence of File 1 is made inside of say File 2?

As discussed in the Inspectors > Document > Mentions section of the built-in Help and manual

Ideally, the “Mentions” tab might display the names of the documents (File 2, File 3, etc.) as hyperlinks. Clicking on these hyperlinks would directly open the corresponding document. Within the document itself (File 2, 3, or 4), if the software recognizes references to other documents, it might automatically create hyperlinks at the “Occurrences” of File 1. Clicking on these would take you to the specific location in that document where File 1 is mentioned.
Some software might offer features within the “Occurrences” pane itself. Look for options like “Go to Occurrence” or “Open Document at Occurrence.” Clicking on these might open the document and highlight the specific location where File 1 is mentioned.

Welcome @infohills

Ideally, the “Mentions” tab might display the names of the documents (File 2, File 3, etc.) as hyperlinks. Clicking on these hyperlinks would directly open the corresponding document.

Why since a double-click already opens the documents and has commands accessible via the contextual menu.

The other suggestions are noted, with no promises.

I suspect you are not replying to a real person.

1 Like

Indeed, this could well be true, especially given the second post…

PS: It’s nice to see you here :slight_smile:

1 Like

What fun, spammers appear to have discovered ChatGPT.

1 Like