New and totally confused by the editor. Used to Evernote and Bear

The Bear editor is Markdown and is available as a stand-alone for free. I find it to be the best markdown editor. Download link above.

1 Like

you seem to have linked to Panda though, thats their alpha release. Bear can be found on the Apple store for free though

2 Likes

yea, you are right. it is almost standard markdown except for two features. unfortunately they aren’t supporting the full markdown functionality (HTML is lacking; no footnotes). here is a table showing the supported feature set: https://www.markdownguide.org/tools/bear/

2 Likes

I know. What I was trying to say is the in DT:

• you cannot use Bear as an external markdown editor
  • Panda, although an alpha is IMO an excellent Markdown editor
  • then working in DT, I edit md files with Panda as an external editor. When I insert images in Panda, the md → textbundle, which can still be viewed and edited in Panda and in DT.
  • inserting images in Panda is straightforward: just paste the image
1 Like

footnotes are pending. Being beta tested. I sound like a salesman, but I have nothing to do with Bear or Panda

have been pending forever now though. just like table support :frowning:

1 Like

they call it beta in Bear and they call Panda alpha.

The point is that Panda is the beta version of the new Bear editor. As you can see I created the table and footnote below in Panda. They released Panda as a stand-alone.

Alpha or beta, I have not encountered any problems with Panda.

Hi, very interesting discussion, but at the end a satisfactory solution has yet to be found, IMHO.

At present, Typora support for Diagrams is invaluable to me (how many words a schema worth?)

1 Like

Good information thanks for sharing
vmware

A macro like this would be great! Are you aware of an existing one, or some template script that can be tweaked for this purpose? Like y’all, I am trying to settle on a workflow to use images in Markdown and DT3. Thanks!
giovanni

no, sorry. on the mac i could probably make it work (relatively easily) with keyboard maestro and a predefined group in DT that holds all my media. but then i don’t know what to do on the ios devices.
additionally DT has horrendous handling of media files embedded in markdown. the resizing doesn’t work and zooming isn’t really possible. That is why i moved my notes to Bear. Otherwise I would use @ryanjamurphy’s method of using an external editor and indexing the files with DT

1 Like

Thanks @bosie! Typora seems to be the solution for me! :tada: It allows to paste images from clipboard (which is 99% of the cases for me) and to set the path where they are stored (either relative or absolute, and either on a per-file basis or global). If I index the image folder in DT3, I am able to see the images in MD notes, using either Typora or the DT3 markdown editor.
Thanks all!