New iCloud sync

It’s the first mention of the error I’ve seen. Perhaps @cgrunenberg has seen it.

Apparently related to CloudKit: Apple Developer Documentation That said, it looks like it happened just one time at 7:18/7:19 AM EST today (the multiple listings probably corresponding to each database) and hasn’t recurred

Good to know it hasn’t recurred. And yes, it’s definitely CloudKit but I’ve not seen a 15 yet.

What is the recommended method to switch from Dropbox to iCloud?

I’d say: turn on iCloud, wait till everything has synchronized, turn off Dropbox. Pretty much as with every other change of sync methods. I may be wrong, though. And you may leave Dropbox on, too.

1 Like

Great tip!

I only use DTTG (no desktop version) and have set my iPad to be the Bonjour server. My iphone has found it without issues and now I’m syncing via Bonjour and Cloud Kit.

Good to hear…

Hi!

I can also report the error “CKErrorDomain 15” in the log in my DEVONthink 3 installation on my Mac.

I’m using the CloudKit sync since some two weeks on all my devices (Mac, Ipad, iPhone) since the release of DEVONthink to go 3. This is the first time I’ve seen this log.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Björn

All I can tell you is I got it that one time and it hasn’t recurred, so … maybe it’s rare and harmless?

Are you syncing one database at a time?

Are you able to verify the sync store (see contextual menu in Preferences > Sync) successfully?

Hi!

I have multiple databases and sync is set to “Automatic”, so I guess this was during the automatic sync. I’m sorry, not sure I understand what the question, but perhaps this is helpful to You.

Best regards,
Björn

Yes, but I couldn’t verify them immediately, though (I had to contextual-click several times). I’m not sure if this behavior is new or not, since I very seldom verify the databases. Also, FYI, a reboot of the computer didn’t seem to do the trick yesterday.

Today, however, I do not get any of the errors of yesterday. However, I got the “The operation couldn’t be completed. (CKErrorDomain error 3)” The info column says “Not connected to Internet (CKErrorDomain 3)”, which makes sense since the VPN likely wasn’t up by the time I got the error.

Sorry that I’m not able to give more info or reproduce the error.

Best regards,
Björn

So are your databases synced now

I have repeated CKError Domain 15 “Internal server error” notifications now, and DevonThink on the Mac hasn’t synced since Feb 23, not even Bonjour. I suspect that closing it and re-opening it will resolve this, but it’s a concern to say the least.

P.S. Quitting and reopening DEVONthink on the Mac caused it to sync.

This seems to be an internal, temporary issue of CloudKit servers.

Any idea about Bonjour? I specifically opened DT on my iPhone while it was open and 2 days behind on the Mac and nothing synced. BUT: perhaps my settings are wrong? I have Bonjour on the Mac set to “Incoming Connections: Available”, but because of the note about it being bidirectional Bonjour is signed in but “Off” on the iOS devices. Should it be turned on there? If so, what does the note mean? Thanks!

It’s sufficient to enable incoming Bonjour connections on one device/computer. On the other devices/computers you should connect to this central server. Is the Mac listed in the list of sync locations on your iPhone?

Yes, but in checking that I stumbled across the next page where I needed to (and had not) turned on each database!