Based on Christians, Andreas’ and Rafaels earlier work, I worked on a Pinboard import script.
It had to be able to initially import my +5k bookmarks from Pinboard and keep them updated.
- Uses Pinboard Auth Token instead of login credentials
- Imports all your Pinboard bookmarks
- Preserves timestamp of the most current post for update run
- Supports “Decluttering” from the Web Clipper via heckyesmarkdown.com or instaper.com …
- … plus five more import strategies
- Implements PDF fallback in case Decluttering seems to fail
- Handles links to document files and binaries
- Progress bar
- macOS style group icon
- Basic logging system
So far, it works for me.
If you use Pinboard, give it a go and tell me that you think.
@Christian, or everyone else at DT: If you want to use/publish it, feel free to do so.