No usable content. . .?

Thanks for the confirmation :slight_smile:

It has been mostly fixed (thanks!) – except for the NY Times app. Now just get a blank screen when I try to share to DT3. But clipping does work with The NY Times website, so can use that instead.

I got it to work on the NYTIMES app. . once :frowning:
What I do now is copy the link, go to Devonthink-hit the + for a new doc and pastes it in.

Works on WAPO just fine. . .very weird.

Gail

NYTimes probably doing something with their style CSS and web design to prevent doing that sort of thing. Not unusual.

Using the browser extensions or selecting the browser in the Sorter’s Clip to DEVONthink tab is actually recommended instead of using the sharing extension as the sharing extension doesn’t receive that much information (usually just the URL) from the browsers.

That makes sense except when I’m reading on the iPad. . ? Is there a similar iOS function available?

No, on iOS sharing is the only possibility currently.

Christian- Thanks for the suggestion but like Gail, I was also referring to saving articles from the NYT app on an iOS device. The sharing extension used to allow me to save the entire article (and URL) as a pdf file to DTTG on my iPhone. But it sounds like it’s probably a Times issue - and again, I can just use the website instead of their app. - Jim

There is no standard followed by these applications (or their sites, for that matter), so YMMV when trying to clip them.

What exactly happens when you share an article now from the app? What do you see in the Clip to DEVONthink extension’s popover?

It used to display a message - something like No Usable Content. After the latest DTTG update, now it just shows a blank (gray) screen after clicking the DT icon. It never gets to the Clip to DEVONthink screen, where I can select the database and then file format. This is on an iPhone w/ the latest iOS version. Interestingly, when I tried it on an iPad mini last night, I did see the error message about no content being available. But like on the iPhone, could go no further.

Are both devices running the same version of DEVONthink To Go?

I try to keep them current - but I’ll double check when I get home tonight (don’t have the iPad with me). The iPhone is using the latest version (3.6.3).

I was behind an update (3.6.2) on my iPad. So I just updated to the latest version. And now the same thing happens on both devices - instead of saying No Useable Content, it just shows a blank gray screen.

OK. At least it’s consistent now. Worse than a reliable bug is inconsistent behavior :slightly_smiling_face: Then I guess we’ll need to see what the NYT app delivers. Added as a bug report.

Thanks!

The issue should be fixed in the next maintenance release. Please let us know if you still see an issue with version 3.6.5 when it arrives.

Thanks, and will do!

v.3.6.5 did the trick - thanks very much! Nice to be able to use the NYT app again.

1 Like

Yes, indeed!!