NSURLErrorDomain -1001

Yes this would work as sync wouldn’t be checking automatically at intervals.

I also get the same NSURLErrorDomain -1001 error but I’m running a webdav sync store, not Dropbox or iCloud. But what’s very weird is that I have 5 databases, 4 of which sync with no problem with the same webdav server. But the 5th always produces the error during sync.

I verified the original database, and verified and cleaned the database in the sync store. I also checked the permissions in the sync store and changed various timeout settings in my apache server (on the sync store machine). Nothing helps: 4 databases sync but 1 refuses to.

And more weirdness:
All 5 of the databases produce the following apache error message, regardless of whether the sync was successful or not:

[dav:error] [pid xxxx] (70008)Partial results are valid but processing is incomplete: [followed by ip & database info] [400, #0]

This has nothing to do with Dropbox or iCloud. It’s just an ubuntu server I use for sync store. By the way, I have another similarly configured ubuntu machine I also use, and it syncs everything just fine.

Any suggestions what else I might try?

The 1001 warning being reported in this case is not unusual or unexpected. It’s still a remote sync location and the warning is regarding the responses of the remote server.

Are you accessing the WebDAV server from outside your network?

Thanks for feedback. I understand what you say and we all know IT is not a static world with changes in all parts of used S/W regularly. Though we are paying for S/W (sometimes big amounts) and expect some service for it. I can easily live with that error message if it’s not preventing proper sync. What I’m complaining about is that it logs errors which are not relevant and there shall be a way to avoid it and thus not add many clicks a day for nothing…

No more error messages with DT 3.5.2 !!!

1 Like

O no, another one!

This is a non-fatal error, i.e., you should experience no data loss from it.

No, I’ve kept it on manual and no further issues. I need to initiate synching but it doesn’t seem too problematic

Thanks for the follow-up.

I had the sync to Dropbox set for every 15 minutes and upon exit. I see this error every 5 minutes in the log. I tried iCloud and like others, found it to be slow and unpredictable. I sync my Mac to Dropbox and have an iPad and iPhone implementation. The syncs on IOS are set to automatic. Often I must force sync across the platforms. In general I’ve never felt I can truly trust the sync function with Devonthink and ultimately I may have to go to another solution. Have used OmniFocus for many years without these issues, but they operate their own sync servers, which they include as part of the software package (i.e. no server surcharge). Something you might consider, at least as an option; this would give technical control over the protocols and sync mechanisms. Admittedly, Omnifocus items are less varied in size and type than what Devonthink has to handle. But at a minimum, it should be possible to suppress these constant error messages, esp. since you assert they are “non-fatal.” Another puzzler is often Command-Q won’t actually cause the app to quit, even after it’s performed the sync on exit.

Welcome @novice19

I would ask if you actually need to use a remote sync option.

Just want to share my experience with this error in DT 3.7.2

1. it only happens with dropbox (automatic) when DT is not the front window
  2. it definitely effects the actual syncing, files are not being transferred

Thanks for the info, the next release should fix this.