Numerous issues (in party recurring, in part new?)

Ok, but… I can access the file (which resides on my laptop and my NAS) on my laptop with DT3… somehow things got screwed up, it seems… How do I fix this and probably the other issue with the non downloadable file in DT3 in a safe manner?

• Are you indexing the file on the NAS?
  • Are you synchronizing the contents of indexed files?

Please explain a little more detailed what you mean by these two questions…

You said you’re indexing data in the databases.
Are the files indexed from their locations n the NAS?

Also, if you Control-click the sync location in DEVONthink’s Preferences > Sync and choose Show Info, have you enabled Synchronize content of indexed items ?

I am unfamiliar (i.e. too stupid) to understand what you’re trying to say… :wink:

I am not sure if I ever said that I am indexing something, but here’s my 2nd last problem again.

Some of my files which reside on my laptop (where I can see it in DT3 in full, e.g. the receipt in one of the movies) and is synchronized to my NAS… (no errors reported)

Now, while I can see the item preview in DTTG, I cannot download it. However, DTTG claims to sync flawlessly with the NAS.

I filled my entire database either my scanning and OCRing documents (as PDFs) to by clipping them to DT3… Or by adding them via Readdle document scanner on my iPhone…

I am unsure if this has anything to to with indexing…

Forgot to upload the video files…

Bildschirmvideo aufnehmen 2020-02-02 um 13.42.43.zip (6.8 MB)

RPReplay_Final1580647266.MP4.zip (186.4 KB)

It doesn’t appear you have indexed the files (see Help > Documentation > In & Out > Importing & Indexing for more info on the subject, if you’d like).

It’s also possible the sync location isn’t available as you’re trying to download the content of the file.
Did you quit DEVONthink To Go and relaunch it, then try downloading the content again?

I had read the indexing explanation in the meantime… :wink:

I quit DTTG, restarted and retried… no change…

The synch location would be my NAS, right? That is accessible, I am accessing right now… I should add, however, (I think I have had in one of the screen shots I posted previously) that the NAS synch location is accessed over WebDAV using a DDNS service… Until recently (what that means exactly I am not sure) that has worked flawlessly…

And this is just an random example I should add… the same error occurs with a lot of other files as well… I would dare to claim that it is the majority of the files…

after having deleted the synch store, optimized and validated the databases… does it make any sense to try to image
rebuild (?) the database?

Currently, Ian trying to download a different file to DTTG, and I am seeing the spoke wheel equivalent not for almost 2 minutes… no failure to download yet, but something´s amiss…

I believe the minutes arose form the fact that DTTG performed background synching at the same time… It´s now back to the usual fail-to-download after 15 s…

Are you trying to access WebDAV on the Synology drive off your network?

I´m not sure if I understand you correctly, but the saying is one picture says more than a 1000 words…

It appears you’re trying to connect through an external site. Why are connecting via that URL instead of a local address?

Simple question: Are you trying to sync while you’re on your local network or while you’re outside it, like out at a coffee shop?

I guess you’d see it that way, at least the routing is not locally (although I am @ home and in the respective network).

No question is simple enough not to raise another question… :wink:

1. I am at home in the respective network currenty and trying to sync from there (and not in a coffee shop), but
  2. using the external route (which has worked fine until recently without any changes from my side other than updating to DT3), because
  3. I want to have the item on my NAS accessible with DTTG in case I am in a coffee shop (and desperately need some info, file or alike - this has already saved my a lot of time…)

Have you rebooted the NAS recently?

no, shall I?

It never hurts, especially in instances where it’s unclear where the issue is occuring.

stand by… :wink:

no change

Can you hold the Option key and choose Help > Report bug to start a support ticket so I can look at logs, etc. ?