Replicate to ... shortcut and search box like move to and go to?

In terms of workflow, I often use the Go To and Move To keyboard shortcuts - I type the shortcut→ enter a word or two in the search box → select destination from a short list. It’s very quick and effective.
I am surprised that I have not found the create a Replicant counterpart. If I select a file in a group and want to quickly create a replicant in another group, I would have expected there to be a shortcut to call up a search box (to identify the destination group).
The only create replicant menu item could find is in the selected document context menu and there is no search box.
Is there some kind of workaround so I can emulate the go to and move to actions ?
thanks in advance for your time and help

1 Like

+1 for this

1 Like

I’ve assigned a shortcut to this script.

I’m a bit surprised as it seems that the possibility of using a script for replicating is not known by a lot of users. Didn’t know that, otherwise I would have posted it a long time ago … However there are such scripts, here’s one from 2006 (of course it needs a little modification). Maybe that’s due to the fact that it’s not easy to find scripts on the forum?

That’s a pity as the built-in replicate menu might be ok if one only replicates occasionally, but it’s nothing I want someone to use on a regular basis.

+ 1

1 Like

great script !!! thank you ! I added it to my keyboard maestro DevonThink palette

@pete31 's script is great. I installed it and it works perfectly.

So I’m going to have to look into using Keyboard Maestro… thanks for the feedback :slight_smile:

it will add huge power to your Mac and workflow.
After using it, you cannot imagine how you worked before using it.
If there is anything whatsoever that I can do to help, please do not hesitate to ask.
The keyboard maestro user forum is excellent. Users are experts and very helpful. They wrote macros and scripts many times for me.
One section of the forum is a library of macros written by users that you can just download
It is much better to post questions to the forum rather than asking support.

1 Like

Thanks for that :slight_smile: I’m going to put it off for a while longer (I’m bogged down by work, pandemic and family atm), but I think you may have pushed me into investigating further :wink: Thanks too for your offer of support which I may come back to :slight_smile:

1 Like