Smart Rules Syncing?

I’d love to be able to sync Smart Rules between my various computers running DT3. I’ve seen that a few people ask about this in the past, and were told that it wasn’t, but that it may be on the way. Curiously, is it available yet, as I haven’t been able to find it, if it is?

Cheers

Not possible, and most recently (afaik):

I exported/imported them, and that worked perfectly. Maybe I’ll created a shared sync folder, and keep them current that way.

Thanks!

1 Like

I’m not bold enough to try this, as tempting as it is.

Could you add ~/Library/Application Support/DEVONthink 3/SmartRules.plist as an indexed file to the global database?

Would that create automatic syncing of smart rules across machines, or would it create an apocalypse of biblical proportions?

And the Lord spake unto His people saying, ”Thou shalt not index and synchronize resources that may be in use on multiple machines or it will surely lead to Sheol.”

(Somewhere in Leviticus, I think)
:wink:

3 Likes

Good thing I checked the DT forum today as I experienced the same “temptation” this morning and was considering indexing SmartRules.plist.

Seems that, indeed, “No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man” :slight_smile:

1 Like