Status of DTTG on iOS 14?

As an example, try annotations on ipad and you know what I meant

Jim, you have tonnes of knowledge and lots of respect for you. But you do like to slice and dice comments just to pick out part you disagree with . Have a look when was the last time DTTG had a proper release and when current beta released then consider users paid for DTTG waiting for those fixes to be released. If you still donā€™t see that as as issue then what can I say further

Sometimes, when you add major features to an app, there is simply no point in releasing it earlier than before all of it is implemented. And, e.g., adding multi-scene support is like changing the whole life cycle of an app that was designed to run as a single instance. So, we have to ask you stay patient a bit longer until we and our beta testers find the next version of DEVONthink To Go ready for the public. Thank you.

2 Likes

Are you referring to ā€˜Editā€™ and type text? Or use a stamp? Iā€™m using that quite frequently and experience no issue whatsoever.

But beside that: with every release I see a whole bunch of big fixes listed in the release notes. Whether one personally calls that ā€˜a proper updateā€™ is open to debate perhaps.

Donā€™t want to turn a forum into argument and posting repeated issues online. Whole point of a forum is to be productive and help each other. If you donā€™t see a problem then youā€™re ok. The rest of us just have to wait for an update

Eric, Iā€™m extremely patient already having paid for DTTG and premium upgrade but facing issues. All I can do is wait

The point is: you donā€™t explain what the problem is. How should the DT staff know what to ā€˜fixā€™ if thereā€™s no description of your problem?

If I recall correctly, youā€™ve already been answered previously that some issues are related to a framework used by DTTG, and will be fixed in a future update. Is that the problem youā€™re referring to?

Iā€™ve been using DTTG for multiple years, and DT for even longer and bump into some problem occasionally, but overall I find both quite a stable product with excellent support. And as said, every update lists many bugfixes.

I do observe though, that every couple of weeks relatively new users run into a problem and now and then to me come about as if theyā€™re request hasnā€™t been heard whatsoever, and for some reason require immediate or quick fixing without an apparent need for expediting that fix. I might of course be completely mistaken, as itā€™s difficult to understand what the issue is about without a description of it.

Eric knows so is that good enough for you? So many posts on DTTG section about current issues. As stated, Iā€™m not here to start arguing and repeating previously posted problems. Only thing I asked for was to release early and Eric has replied and yet you still wants to drag on and on. Not getting baited into arguing like little boys so will not reply anymore on this

Thank you for the nice comments.
Sorry you also feel I ā€slice and dice commentsā€.

People are free to speak their minds here, as long as there are no personal attacks. I understand when people are speaking in frustration but bear in mind this is also a public discussion, not a private one. Therefore a response also considers there are passersby that will visit a thread and they may get a wrong idea about things from comments made.

In this case, some people like the ā€release small; release oftenā€ idea but that is not our general company approach.

Also, as we have new people coming into the forums all the time, and your thread is more visible due to its newness, I responded.

Apologies as no offense was intended.

1 Like

No worries. Peace :v:

2 Likes

I would really like to have widget which could show newest(oldest) files in global Inbox or Inbox for specific group.
More general widget for quick access to specific database also would be great!

Yes, iOS 14 development to include widget would be amazing. A widget which showed recently modified files would be bril. The inclusion of smart groups into DTTG and incorporation of smart groups in a widget would be amazing for user customisability and quick access of info

3 pane view on DTTG would still be amazing, pretty please.

ā€¦ and so would dark mode :pleading_face:

Welcome @echej

The request is noted.

1 Like

Is there an update on the release date for the new version of DTTG?

No, but itā€™s no longer far. Our blog will have the news.

2 Likes

Just two requests.

A) Allow for sorting search results by date. Like Iā€™ve all my mails on DTP, and should one day I manage to have them on DTTG, then searching and getting an only ā€œranked by relevanceā€ answer does not help identifying the latest mail.
B) Well, please allow for some way of getting a whole database from my computer into DTTG. Iā€™ve hundreds of thousands of documents (mails), and that synchronization just never ever ever finishes.

We wonā€™t have sorting of search results in 3.0 but itā€™s on our list. There wonā€™t be an import mechanism for your whole database but the sync over, e.g., Bonjour should become a lot faster.

OK, thanks! So letā€™s wait for when a sorting is available and use the time for the initial sync until then :slight_smile:

Any changes for widgets in foreaseable future?
My request would be widgets displaying files from inbox/latest/favorite files from specific vault?

PDF Expert widget have a widgets that could be an example.

We have this on our to-do list but, I must admit, a bit down the list as weā€™d like to support, e.g., iOS 14 split view controllers first before diving into Swift and widgets.

1 Like