Syncing Indexed files question

What Criss said. There is a lot of information here on indexing documents in version 2 that will not apply to version 3, as the behavior of indexed folders and documents is considerably different now. Indexed groups, and their contents, behave nearly identically to folders and their contents in the Finder.

2 Likes

If I select “Download Always” in the DTTG prefs (Info), does that mean that all files will be downloaded onto my device whenever I’m on the same network?

In the sync locations settings, you should be able to select options that download the entire database. You can also do this per group. See the Always vs On Demand setting in group info:

Thanks. I had found that earlier. Exactly what I’m looking for.

does that mean that all files will be downloaded onto my device whenever I’m on the same network?

It isn’t relative to being on the same network unless you were using a Bonjour sync.

Download Files: Always just tells DEVONthink To Go to import metadata AND contents of the files.
Download Files: On demand imports just the metadata and allows you to download the contents of individual files or groups as needed.

I think my thread here DTTG sync with DT 3.0 beta is lining up with some of the questions the original poster has here.