Tip on how to create keyboard shortcut to a file's information tab?

Hi, simple question for some – how do I create a keyboard shortcut that opens a selected file’s information tab in DP3? I’ve got keyboard maestro (and shortcuts of course) but not particularly facile.

Thanks in advance!
~Chuck

Do you want to open Tools > Inspectors > Info > General?

Here’s a screenshot of what I’d like to trigger with a keyboard shortcut. In finder, you can do it with [cntrl]-I. I realize there are other ways of displaying this, but I’d like to do with with a simple keyboard key combination.
20230131_Displaying file info in DT3_Pix_

In my installation of DT the first entry in the “Tools” menu says “Information” (probably “Get Info” in English?) and is accessible with the keyboard shortcut Shift+Cmd+I (that’s an uppercase i, not an ell). Does that perhaps do what you want?

1 Like

See page 223 of the outstanding “DEVONthink Manual”, page 223 of the 3.8.7 version, where @bluefrog has written about how to change shortcuts for menu commands.

I did not attempt to test the idea as I like shift-command-i, but perhaps give that a try before getting into the complexity of Keyboard Maestro.

1 Like

Welcome @cengel

There are already built-in options…

• Option-Command-I to open the inspectors.
  • Control-1 to open the Generic Info inspector.
  • Shift-Command-I to open the Generic Info popover.

Uhhh… :face_with_monocle: :roll_eyes: :rofl:
I’ve thought about this off and on for MONTHS…
The Shift-Command-I is exactly what I wanted
I feel so silly. Sometimes the answer is staring me in the face and I look right past it. (I’m also the guy who looks all over for his hat only to realize it’s on his head).
Thanks so very much!!!
~Chuck

3 Likes

No worries and you’re welcome :slight_smile: