Twitter feed is invalid since June 09, 2020

My regular tweeter feeds (such as feed://twitter.com/user/) are not being pulled any more since the 9th of june in DT 3.5.1.

DT journal says : “Invalid Feed”.

The used online service for Twitter feeds isn’t available at the moment.

Not only are my Twitter feeds not valid since that time, but neither are my RSS feeds.

This shouldn’t affect any other feeds actually. Anything logged to Windows > Log? Did you try to manually refresh such a feed?

Yes, manual refresh and then went to actual site to check that there was nothing going on there. I then deleted and the re-added. Same thing. I have the same feed in NetNewsWire and it works fine.

What’s the URL of the feed? Which version do you use?

I am experiencing the same problem with Tweets. For example: https://twitter.com/PaulKrugman is listed as an “invalid feed” in the Log, even after I manually refresh (I created this using Data>New>Twitter Feed>Other. My RSS feeds are still working, though.

Any update on this - still not working as of 2020-06-25 - during WWDC2020 (not good)

Welcome @catta7140

An update on what specifically?

The situation with Twitter, if their service is restored - or you can offer any workaround through DT at the moment.
Sorry didn’t want to come through like only blaming, I’m aware that Twitter does things and don’t care, but hope you do and so I mentioned that it is still an ongoing issue. (Feed refresh still drops error in Log “Invalid feed”).

These days we getting so “straight to the point” that even I forget my manners - so thank you for looking into it. I’ll appreciate your feedback.

Have a great day!
Stefan

1 Like

No problem. :slight_smile:
Unfortunately, there is no resolution at this time. Not sure what can be done about it but Development is aware of it.

Thanks - how do you usually update these matters?
Only in the forum? or via
“News” in DT directly?

Stefan

PS: Try to work around with TweetNotes (iOS still in beta)

The release notes are the public option. Development may respond in forum, as they see fit.

RSS works.
Twitter feeds dead since 05.06.2020.

Well I need to go out and buy a lotto ticket as I just started using DT and the first thing I did was try to set up a Twitter feed then spent an hour looking over tutorial material to try to figure out what I was doing wrong until I came across this thread.

From reading the responses here, I cannot determine if this is a Twitter issue, DT or some other service.

As others have indicated RSS is working.

It seems like Twitter is the goto service for companies (especially software companies) to engage with their users besides forums such as these.

I would be great if this functionality is restored.

Welcome @D_Rehak

This is not a DEVONtech issue as evidenced by trying to use the URL in a bespoke RSS application, e.g., Vienna.

@BLUEFROG Thanks for your welcome. It is a shame that these big networks (i.e. Twitter, Facebook, YouTube…) continue to try to adopt restrictive policies in an attempt to keep you restricted to their eco-system while at the same time increasing restrain free-speech and cutting off content providers (aka YouTube) with a guilty first policy and lack of recourse killing some content providers main source of revenue that probably took them many years to build up.

No easy solutions here, I am sure you will advise when this functionality can be restored.

No problem!
And yes, it’s just the way the world turns right now - even when it’s backwards :confused:

Yes indeed, I see communication between Software App developers and their end users taking a step backwards and reverting back to individual forums like this one where the content control is retained with the developers and the community built between them.

While this conduit is more fragmented and lacks the convenience of consolidation in one area it comes with the benefit or noise reduction of the many haters out there.

So I have transitioned to scheduling periodic visit the forums created by the Software Developers like this one and see it as POSITIVE step backwards

1 Like

https://atlasti.com/topic/blog/feed/

https://nsuworks.nova.edu/recent.rss

feed://twitter.com/WriteThatPhD

feed://twitter.com/Atlasti

I assume by version you mean version of DT3? version 3.5.1
all feeds used to work before