Unread topics list

In the previous incarnation I was able to see at a glance a list of postings that I had not previously seen, I can not fins a way of doing this now. Is this still available?

The popup menu in the upper right corner includes an ā€œUnreadā€ link. Whatā€™s part of this list depends on your preferences. Personally I prefer the ā€œLatestā€ list as thereā€™s a divider just before my last visit.

For all Discourse forums I follow, I bookmark the ā€œLatestā€ view as the best starting point.

This is what I do as well.

It behaves differently here, though. There are discussions that seem to be excluded from view without digging for them ā€“ such as the one where suggestions for improvement are welcomed.

This is the one I mean.

Also: The behavior where you are taken to the product home page when you click the top banner has, sadly, returned. Was this intentional?

@dtapley @korm In case you arenā€™t aware, you can also set your Default home page to Latest in Preference > Interface. That way if you navigate to the forum without a bookmark it opens to Latest by default.

As for the return to home, I think they returned it to send to the company site and added the home button for forum home. I prefer the MacPowerUsers way which is the Forum name returns to the forum home then the globe icon in the upper right sends you to the MPU site on Relay.fm.

1 Like

Yes, both @korm and I were already pointing out that we have our preference set to ā€œLatest.ā€ Or, I thought we did.

As for the difference between how this place is configured and how every single other Discourse forum I belong to is configuredā€¦ well I guess Iā€™ll just have to get used to it,

But it sure is annoying.

We chose linking the company logo to our website because thatā€™s what it does also on our main website. However, we understand that almost any other Discourse-based forum uses the logo here for going back to the main page. Weā€™ve changed it so that it works as expected and added a globe icon that leads home to our website.

5 Likes

Good Griefā€¦ still using your Baby-Pix ! Who me stubborn (?) re first helping myselfā€¦ albeit, the cauldron of Creativity as you and Christian understand. The ā€˜Great Wall of Devonā€™ has separated midst this Mr. Clean campaign. NO, your help is not requested 8~p , butā€¦ an option for the SIMPLE / direct contact might effect a bypass midst a zero value ^$#$%%@? See renewed contact info via this linkage. BTW, not a ā€˜back slapperā€™ type, but the ā€˜Turtleā€™ continues to win the Race ! Also - - Your talent as this ā€˜DT-Siriā€™ā€¦? I who abhor the curse or demeaning to those sans read or thinkā€¦ would bite off all my ā€˜transistorsā€™ midst the challenge.

Welcome back after more than ten years, William. And thanks! Feel free to contact me via my email adress which hasnā€™t changed. Or via direct message here, whatever suits you better.