Using color labels under data

I have used the labels function “Colors” for my folders on bothe DT2 and DT3. I started a new database for 2020 and can’t get the labels to work – it remains grayed out.

How do I get it to work - it helps a lot.

Thanks charlieben@mac.com

A screen capture of what you’re describing may help.

Note (since it’s unclear from your comment): You should not run DEVONthink 2 and 3 on the same account, on the same machine. At a minimum, you should delete DEVONthink 2.x from the /Applications folder and reboot the machine.

Hi. I’m only using DEVONthink 3, having deleted the older ones a while back. But I have the same question as songdog. I want to label my database with an easy to spot color, the way I can with groups. It helps when I clip to Dt from the web, which I do a lot for research.

PS: My MacBook Air 2013 is running Mojave and is up to date, the update showing on the dock is for Catalina which I don’t want right now.

Thanks for your help and this great product which I use almost constantly. Cheers!

Lee :slight_smile:

Databases don’t support labels but their icon can be customized in the Finder’s Info window.

Welcome @SouthernLady

Thanks for the kind comments! :slight_smile:

This thread has some discussion of this very topic…

Thank you so much, that thread was very helpful. :slight_smile:

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

Hi all,

So it seems that I can’t use labels for groups --> same problem as original poster. This screenshot shows that once upon a time (i.e. DTPro Office 2) I was able to do this. A group is selected, but from the drop-down menu the labels are unavailable. You can see that other (older) groups have colour labels.

Can we have colours back for groups? Is this a consequence of groups being tags/tags being groups?

Tineke

This is currently only possible after selecting the group in the main view.

Oh ok… that’s weird (from a user standpoint), but it works.

Wish list item for a future update, please! Ta!