Viewing all your reminders in one place

I like the reminders feature.

Is there a way to view all your reminders in one place?

Also is there an easier way to check that reminders have been done. The only way I can find is to set the dropdown list to none. It would be intuitive to have a checkbox for completed items.

A smart group “Item contains Reminder” should find them.

3 Likes

I tried that and it didn’t work. I still get reminders popping up. Darned if I can find 'em.

Did you use a global smart group in the sidebar searching all databases? You might have to open all your databases to find the reminder.

All my databases are open and the search criteria is this:

Despite this, the reminder keeps popping up.

What kind of reminder actually? E.g. a notification, sound etc.?

It’s set to send a notification that a document needs to be worked on. The reminder works perfectly - but it’s still going on despite the fact that the task has been completed. What I’m looking for is a list of all items that have reminders set so that I can turn them off.

Could you please post a screenshot of the reminder’s settings, see Annotations & Reminder inspector? Thank you.

This is the reminder setting:

I set the reminder to “Never” after it first reminded me. Despite this, it still keeps popping up. That’s the first problem. The second is the issue in hand, which is to get a complete list of all objects that have reminders set. I think more work is required to achieve this.

And it’s definitely this item and not one with the same name? Does a toolbar search for item:reminded scope:databases return anything after opening all your databases?

Nothing returns using that criteria:

… and true to form, here’s the popup:

Weird! (and yes, it’s the same item)

The name of the item is actually “DB1” according to the alert.

Yes - but:

1. How do I get a list of ALL objects that have a reminder set?
  2. How do I turn the reminder off?

If you look at my first screenshot it clearly shows the reminder is set to NEVER.

?

@cgrunenberg provided a search that would show all the items with reminders.

Are you using any smart rules?

If you want to clear all reminders, you could…

1. Quit DEVONthink
  2. In the Finder, select the ​Go ​menu while holding the ​Option key​, then choose ​Library​.
  3. In Application Support/DEVONthink 3, move the Reminders.plist to the system Trash.
  4. Relaunch DEVONthink.

This file doesn’t contain the Reminders actually, only the next due dates for each closed database.

But the screenshot shows the wrong item actually, it’s not named “DB1”.

Noted. Thanks.

This is interesting.

• The item was originally named DB1and a reminder was set up
  • The item was later renamed to DB1 - 01/03/2020 (I forgot about this until you highlighted the difference)
  • I ditched the Reminders.plist file, as advised by Jim and restarted DevonThink
  • I set up a new hourly reminder, which now shows in the smart rule search list - worked fine
  • I changed its name, and the reminder continued to pop up with the new name - worked fine
  • The search list only returns this new reminder, yet the DB1 reminder continues to pop up and is absent from the search list
  • There is no DB1 document - only the DB1 - 01/03/2020 document
    ?

Do a search in all databases for name:db1.

Result is five files, but not one unique to the name DB1.

?