What primary launcher utility are you using?

• Alfred
  • Launchbar
  • Quicksilver
  • Raycast
  • Spotlight
  • Other…

0 voters

If Other…, post what you’re using. Thanks!

2 Likes

I use Keyboard Maestro to launch scripts on schedule
I’d like to use DT Reminders, but they launch at random times

I use DT to launch scripts and editors for stored documents/files

1 Like

I use Keyboard Maestro as my primary automation tool and I try to use this exclusively to keep everything like this in one spot. Its not always possible due limitations in my skills and sometimes I can achieve something in say Alfred that I can probably do in Keyboard Maestro but cannot due to my mediocre skill set. I suspect more than a few of us are using a hybrid approach. I have recently started using Voice Control following OmniFocus embracing Voice Control and have found that a revelation. Of course everyone has preferences, but that works for me. Downside to Voice Control is you need a quiet working environment. I use Voice Control for core commands in Devonthink and it works great.

Apple Shortcuts is another piece of this puzzle now its on the Mac and developers are integrating their Apps with some Apple Shortcut functions. I try to keep an eye on this in terms of what App developers are integrating. This is useful for some work arounds, but Apple is late to the game on the Mac and I don’t want to invest much time on it, as much as I have a general interest in this area.

Keyboard shortcuts in Spark for heavily-used apps; start (in Setapp) for everything else, though I do sometimes fall back on Alfred if start doesn’t launch or can’t see an app, both of which occasionally happen.

Keyboard Maestro

XMenu :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Butler

Honestly Jim, did you have to? :flushed: Now I assume I’m missing out and need a third party launcher :see_no_evil:

4 Likes

Use Alfred and get direct access to some of Ventura’s System Settings panes! :imp:

(Apologies for the link to one of my workflows: please annihilate both me and the post if either is inappropriate.)

Stephen

3 Likes

No harm done at all.

1 Like

No one needs one. However, there is no real cure for application lust. :pensive:
:wink:

I’m actually surprised Spotlight is as low in the ratings as it is since it’s built-in, free, and one of the simplest things it does.

6 Likes

I never bothered to look at it, and then along came Alfred. Never looked at anything else since – yes, Spotlight is simple, but Alfred is powerful. In Alfred I do map Dakar and I get Dakar in Google Maps or Apple Maps. I do images plum and I get images of plums in my default browser. I do cu css and I get everything caniuse.com knows about CSS (ok, that is a workflow, but could I build that with Spotlight? and if I could, would I want to?)

4 Likes

Did you vote? :slight_smile:

Sure

@chrillek is being modest by not mentioning his superb DT Search JS Alfred workflow (although obviously not recommended for those who suffer from an allergy to a surfeit of brackets :grin: ). But can I find the link to it on this forum, in spite of assiduous searching? No.

Stephen

1 Like

Modesty aside:

https://github.com/chrillek/DT-Search-JS

This is a modified version using only one script file. It’s not really well tested, though. If you’re suffering from bracketphobia, do not open the script file!

4 Likes

For me, that link doesn’t work. It asks me to sign in but when I do so I don’t find the workflow.

Stephen

Sorry, the repository was private. It’s public now and should be accessible to everyone.

1 Like

It is indeed: many thanks.

Stephen