Convert incoming scans: to searchable pdf --- keeps changing the Name (and filename)

DT3b4 - I’m using a a fuji scanscnap 1300 on mojave w/abby ocr.
I find that if I set convert incoming scans to “no action” then my scans (which are ocr’d in scansnap as pdfs) come into DT3 as I expect, with a file name of the date/timestamp…

If I set “Convert Incoming Scan: To searchable pdfs” the scans get imported and renamed to some chars/words from the scanned document… Not what I want…

I liked the idea of running with “convert to searchable pdf” since I could then enable the dialog to enter metadata, and I find the pdf gets compressed more (I have scansnap set to compression 3).

So is there a way to not rename the incoming scan?
And what does “compress pdf” do in terms of amount of compression? I didnt see anything in the manual…
tks
-jim
PS page 50 of the manual has a typo under “Using A SCANSNAP SCANNER”: “simply add DEVONthink to ScanSnap Home oder ScanSnap Manager” I think “oder” should be “or”

If I set “Convert Incoming Scan: To searchable pdfs” the scans get imported and renamed to some chars/words from the scanned document… Not what I want…

This has already been covered - Metadata after OCR in DT3b3.

Look for a smart rule named Incoming Scans and remove it or edit it and change the event trigger to On Demand.

There are no compression specifications in the manual and compression cannot be stated with authority as it varies from document to document.

And thanks for the mention on “oder”. That is actually fixed for the next beta release’s documentation.

Thank you; I see I have 5 “Incoming Scans”… thats about 4 more than needed, and I see the rename there… Guess I better read up on the smart rules they look pretty slick :slight_smile:

I can’t even get mine to convert to searchable PDF’s even though it’s set. Always worked on DT2 though. And I can do it manually - but that’s just a pain.

I can’t even get mine to convert to searchable PDF’s even though it’s set.

There isn’t enough information to assess what you’re referring to here. Please clarify.

Apologies for the vague comment.

I have a Fujitsu Scansnap ix500 which auto imports and OCR’s using Devonthinks OCR engine. However on the new version it did not OCR automatically, even though it was set to. I was able to do a manual OCR each time, but this becomes annoying in large batches.

Reboots etc did not help and this issue was present since beta 3 and still present in beta 7. After posting this yesterday, I uninstalled Devonthink3 and reinstalled it. This broken the profile connection between the scansnap and deconthink and by reselecting it in the scansnap the issue was resolved.

So I assume it’s something wonky in the upgrade process from Devonthink 2. Anyway, problem solved for me, so I upgraded to DT3 Pro yesterday. Many thanks.

Glad to hear it’s working now. Cheers!