DEVONthink To Go - price of new version?

ToGo must be 1 of slowest development in ios history. Orphan files everywhere \ no dark mode :-1:

1 Like

Oh what a discussion! As with all other software: the company decides the release date, the price and the amount of Information the will provide.
Be patient and simply wait.

8 Likes

Huuraay! We have new app in the app store!

3 Likes

One time upgrade purchase of $19.99, or a sub starting in August, but it doesn’t say how much. Also, can’t find what the sub gets you over the one time purchase. Is this info located somewhere?

The intro period doesn’t extend automatically. You can choose again after the free half year.

4 Likes

The subscription can be done as a yearly or monthly purchase. There are no extra features with a subscription.

9 Likes

Oh My Gosh! Now instead of complaining/guessing/speculating/wishing about the “price of the new version”, you now have put the onus on us to DECIDE for ourselves. I can’t stand it. :wink:

10 Likes

Just wanted to pop in and say it is an absolute delight that you have allowed your customers to choose between a one-time purchase and a subscription model. DT reputation as a customer-focused company is warranted. Now I have to get work done today instead of playing with DTTG3!

13 Likes

Bluefrog is the iPad purchase a separate purchase to the iPhone purchase for those who upgrade?

Just to be sure I understood correctly:
I am already using DTTG (as well as the Mac version).
If I want to switch to DDTG 3, I have the choice between

• pay once $ 19.99
  • take a subscription

I intend to choose the first solution.
Does the subscription bring something more?

Thanks in advance.

There is everything written in DTTG3 section in Apple store

prices for Europe:

• 43.99 € for one time purchase for people who will buy first time
  • 21.99 € for people who upgrade
  • 0 € for half a year for people who own DTTG2 but want to try (then they need to decide)
  • 16.49 € yearly for subscription
  • 1.99 € Monthly for subscription

As @BLUEFROG has written:

The subscription can be done as a yearly or monthly purchase. There are no extra features with a subscription.

All the features available when choosing any option are on par for now, and probably until DTTG4 or even later :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for your response …
I’m happy :wink:

I was able to upgrade on iphone, but I am not seeing the opportunity to upgrade on ipad. Can we only upgrade a single device?

No. If you purchased an upgrade, it applies to the other iOS devices.
Ideally, DEVONthink 2 is installed still and launched before launching version 3. This will ensure showing the discounted options for 3.

1 Like

As I said earlier in this thread: There are no extra features with a subscription.

2 Likes

Crazy question… what is better for DT as a company? The $19.99 or the subscription?

3 Likes

Ideally, DEVONthink 2 is installed still and launched before launching version 3. This will ensure showing the discounted options for 3.

I don’t think it’s something we could discuss publicly. :thinking:

1 Like

Thanks to you

No problem.