Invalid Encryption Key

Hi

since dropbox isn’t working for me anymore , i had to switch to iCloud Drive

However i get an error message : Invalid Encryption Key.

Odd thing is , that it’s Syncronising amongst 2 computers.

Any clue what it could be ?

Did you enter exactly the same encryption key on all computers?

No , only on 1 Computer. But on that one i can add and change stuff and it’s syncronised as it should

You have to enter the same encryption key in the Sync setup for each device Syncing with this location.

I did that. Both Passwords are the same on both computers.

Please start a Support Ticket.

Hi,

In have a very similar issue. The encryption key is 10000% the same on both ends (mac and ipad), one database is syncing, one is not and the error “Invalid Encryption Key” is shown…
How do I:

1. get rid of this incorrect error message
  2. get the last database to sync…

If necessary I’m willing to reset the iCloud. How do I do this?
thx

JP

I’m now running into same issue. Passwords are same and on iPhone app it says invalid encryption key. I have tried copy pasting as well as manually typing but same results.

Finally I get the problem. The interface have two field i.e. primary field to provide password and then the second field to enter password again.

The UI is bad for this as the font color is white and it blends with backgorund. It does not appear that second field even exist.

If you zoom into key field in picture I have attached, you will find they are two input fields but just by looking at it you can not make out.

DT you guys need to fix this UI issue. I spent 2 hours searching and later found out this stupid issue.

Now, this is working for me but now I have landed into another issue (Icloud Sync problem on iPad).

1 Like
2 Likes