OCR "license pages remaining: 0"

What’s up with this error? I’m using DT to organize a bunch of older scans which have not been OCR’d and all of a sudden I cannot OCR anything.

Please provide more information about the issue you’re reporting, like what version of DEVONthink and macOS are you running?

os 10.15.7
dt pro 3.7.2

The exact error message is “Analyze Pages Error, license pages remaining: 0 Unspecified ABBYY OCR error”

Strange… try reinstalling the OCR resources.

1. Quit DEVONthink.
  2. In the Finder, press Command-Shift-G and paste: ~/Library/Application Support/DEVONthink 3 .
  3. Move the ABBYY folder to your Desktop and relaunch DEVONthink.
  4. Select DEVONthink 3 > Install Add-ons… and reinstall the ABBYY Finereader OCR.
  5. Quit and relaunch DEVONthink.
  6. Attempt an OCR process. If successful, you can delete the ABBYY folder on your Desktop.

That did the trick. Thank you.

No problem :slight_smile:

For what it’s worth, I just ran into the same issue running DEVONthink Pro version 3.8 on macOS Monterey 12.0.1(21A559) and the trick fixed the issue for me as well. Perhaps there are still some underlying issues in DEVONthink and/or ABBYY’s library?

Perhaps there are still some underlying issues in DEVONthink and/or ABBYY’s library?

I’m sure there are in ABBYY’s case :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the answer, Jim! I suspected as such. Hopefully they’ll fix it reasonably soon.

We hope so too but they, like Fujitsu, make good products but move a a very slow pace.

I just ran into this issue the second time in two days. For context, I just upgrade to DEVONthink Pro during the Black Friday sale, so I’ve been using DT’s OCR feature extensively since purchase.

Perhaps this issue occurred twice in a short time because I’ve crossed the unknown threshold to trigger ABBYY engine’s bug, and the majority of DT’s user base don’t cross that threshold this often.

This has been an issue for some time. It seems to be ABBYY that is limiting the ocr

Thanks for sharing the thread, glad to know ABBYY is already aware of it. In that case it won’t be necessary for me to report each occurrence of this issue.

I was just faced with the same issue, but for me a restart of Devonthink fixed it. At least for now!

yes, a restart starts the count over but its only temporary. you will hit the limit again.

How many pages do you OCR per day usually?