OCR not working when importing from Brother iPrint&Scan

I just got a new scanner, a Brother ADS-1700W, that uses the application Brother iPrint&Scan for operating the scanner. When set iPrint&Scan to send scans to DEVONthink, the scans are imported as plain PDFs, without OCR being performed.

I’ve reviewed a previous thread on this subject:

I have Full Disk Access enabled for DEVONthink. I have DEVONthink Import preferences set to select a group, instead of the Global Inbox.

I’ve attempted to create a Smart Rule with an On Import event trigger, as suggested in the other thread. But if I change the name of the scanned document in the DEVONthink import dialog box, DEVONthink returns an error that it can’t find the document, and the Smart Rule fails to run OCR on the document.

I can’t speak for the Brother software’s operation or functionality (or lack thereof).

Is the scanner accessible in DEVONthink’s View > Import > Image Capture?

Yes, the scanner is accessible via Image Capture. Unfortunately, that option is much more limited than the Brother software. Image Capture does not automatically detect the size of the paper, for example.

Could you please select the app in the Finder, choose “Show Package Contents” in the contextual menu and send the file Contents > Info.plist to cgrunenberg - at - devon-technologies.com? Thanks.