qNote2: take and save note in DT from anywhere, capture web URL, append selected text and fenced code block, capture screen, set reminder and calendar event

Ngan - Perfect works. thanks a lot. sincerely appreciate quick turn around and a great script.

have a good weekend

@ngan, looks very cool

i followed the instructions including downloading and placing the dialog toolkit and placing it in the scripts dir

also exported qnote as an app in the app dir but get this error when i launch it

any clue?

Z

Thanks for the interests on the script.

First thing first:
(1) Which time zone are you in and what’s the regional setting such as the first image of this post?
(2) The uuids in the script are just examples, have you replaced them with the uuids of your own groups for notes and a single group for images in the script?

-- groups for saving the note, **!** change the uuids to your groups' uuids
property qNoteGpsUUID : {"C588333A-A275-4D66-9295-6B5D1048D710", "378BE728-BA45-42AC-A060-23A97578B7E4", "46B961B8-9EB0-49C4-860F-0766195DC024", "712259F8-EFC2-45BA-A492-BEB9C88A2F13"}
-- one centralised group for saving the images, **!** change the uuid to yours
property imageAssetUUID : "9A72DEC0-A97E-4531-A837-257E375483DC"

(3) Which method did you use to invoke the script: run in script editor (which one), attached the script to a shortcut (and by what means)? I suggest you run the script from script editor as the first step to make sure that it’s working before saving it as applet. If you test the script by running it from Script Editor, you won’t be asked to grant permission (running the script as an app will) for misc OS elements, this make it easier for trouble-shooting.
(4) From your screen capture, it doesn’t seem like the qNote script is saved as an applet, else it should have an extension of .app, such as “qNoteV4b7.1 (US).app”. Your screen shows that the qNote script has “.scpt” as extension.
(5) You “Dialog Toolkit Plus” is in the correct folder. However, a user will normally put their user script (the qNote) under the folder at username>Library>Scripts.

If you are saving the script from Apple Script Editor, and after test-run the script successfully, you should be using these options to save the scrip as an app:

thx for the quick reply!

1. the time zone is US and i use ISO dates:

1. hmm no i didn’t touch the UUID’s (didn’t see that in the original post instructions). Should i go ahead and do it?

2. when running from the script editor there is a different error:

1. i did make sure i choose save as application and run it either via keyboard maestro or via Alfred

thx again!

Z

Definitely. Those uuids should be from your group/s that hold the notes and the the group you choose for holding the images for the markdown formatted notes.

Hope it’ll work after you update the uuids.

Cheers.

thx that worked!

best

Z

:+1: :+1: :sweat_smile: :smile:

I love this script but if I create an alert/notification, no matter what value I put for the notification time, it sets it to 12:00 AM. My date settings are set correctly for US mm/dd/yyyy.

Any recommendation what’s going wrong?

Thank you for sharing this with the community. This works great if I launch it from the Script Editor (launches in 3-4 seconds). But from an Automator service, BetterTouchTool, or Keyboard Maestro, it takes anywhere from 30 seconds (Automator service) to over a minute (Keyboard Maestro). I don’t have the know-how to understand why there would be a difference.

(One humble tip regarding the instructions-- Although it is moot if setting this up certain ways, such as in Automator, one thing I wasn’t clear on was whether the instructions to install “the script” as an application in the macOS script folder refers to Dialog Toolkit Plus.scptd only, or also to the qNote script. And if only the Dialog Toolkit Plus.scptd, does it matter where we install the qNote script? Perhaps referring to which script is intended, as opposed to “the script”, would clarify things for dense people like me. But that’s a minor point, and I really appreciate your efforts on this, and sharing it!)

An update on this — I went back and installed version 2.4 of qNote, figuring I didn’t need any of the calendar or reminder features, and it triggers instantly from Keyboard Maestro.