Web pages won’t scroll

This is a frequent, longstanding and seemingly random problem. I think (though I’m not sure) that it is restricted to live links, rather than web archives. But it’s incredbily frustrating, and it’s been like this for years. Can’t someone squash this bug?

”seemingly random” would make things more difficult.

Please provide a URL we can bookmark and test, if this is a reproducible issue.

Okay sure, here’s one: https://apnews.com/article/ex-military-cops-us-capitol-riot-a1cb17201dfddc98291edead5badc257

Only it doesn’t seem to be attached to any particular URLs. The same bookmark that won’t scroll one time will scroll the next.

Which version of macOS/DEVONthink do you use?

But the problem has persisted through several different versions.

Oh, and I’m on Mac OS 11.1.

Does restarting the app or opening a new window fix this? Do you have to view multiple web pages to make this happen?

Happens with just one web page open. It does not seem to make any difference if you open another page by clicking a link on the frozen page. If, however, you open a new url in the same window (by clicking on the next in a list of bookmarks), then go back to the original url, that sometimes unfreezes it, sometimes not — again, it seems entirely unpredictable. Sometimes opening the same url in a new window also works.
I’m astonished you have not had more reports of this. I have been using DT since about 2004. It has been a persistent problem over the years, through different versions, different MacOS’s, different computers.

(Though computers have all been some form or other of MacBook (Pro or Air).

Though I see/recall similar problems have been reported before…

Any progress on this? It remains the most frustrating thing about DT.